Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Welcome to our blog

Welcome! We know that it's hard to keep track of us because we move so much and only keep in touch intermittently. Hopefully this blog will help...when we get around to posting!

We are living in Bath, Maine now--we moved here from Falmouth, MA last August, when Clara started teaching geology part time at Bowdoin College as a visiting professor. Scott is continuing his job as an environmental consultant at Balance Hydrologics in Berkeley. Fortunately for both of us, he is able to telecommute most of the time, returning every few months to Berkeley for face time and field work.

So, what am I (Clara) doing now that the school year is over? Well, after taking a deep breath and remembering how to relax, I am continuing my postdoctoral research in a collaborator's lab at the Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences in beautiful West Boothbay Harbor, Maine for the summer. I have made a couple of trips out to USC to work with my postdoctoral adviser (formerly located at WHOI). We are trying our best to enjoy the summer in Maine, without too much cross country travel.

No comments: