
The instrument is a scanning transmission x-ray microscope, which I won't even begin to explain, other than to say that it allows us to get chemical analyses while doing microscopy with ~25 nm resolution. We can do things like map elements across a sample, and get element-specific chemical information. Suffice it to say that it is very useful and one of only a handful in the world. Which is why I am in Berkeley, working the 4pm-4am shift, and not actually able to see anyone I know here! Hi to everyone in Berkeley--including Andria and Aaron, who I am staying with!
They really like to wrap stuff in foil here. This is seriously part of the instrument I'm using:
1 comment:
Hi! I see your car outside our house! Hope we get the chance to connect in person while you're here.
[love the graphic at the top of your blog!]
Post a Comment