Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Delaware!

We made it to Delaware late Monday night, and met the movers on Tuesday morning. All our stuff is in a 10x20' storage unit now, kayaks and all. I stashed some samples in freezers at the Delaware Biotechnology Institute, where one of my new labs will be. Today I have meetings: one to talk about the mineralogy course I will be teaching (an emeritus professor is teaching it this fall and the department is looking to upgrade the microscopes). Another meeting is with a potential postdoc--a little hard to imagine since I am currently a postdoc. Guess I'm moving up in the world.... Tomorrow I have a meeting with facilities folks to discuss renovation of my lab in the geology building. This will be a full renovation, which is exciting but also nerve-wracking, since much of it will probably occur while I am in Berkeley.

No comments: